Today marks the first day of National Cybersecurity Awareness Month.
I am pleased to see one of the themes for this year’s National Cybersecurity Awareness Month, is about doing security updates. Only by patching your software in a timely manner, can you be truly secure. Even if you do all the other things, skipping this critical step will leave you vulnerable.
The themes for 2019 are as follows:
- Own IT.
- Never Click and Tell: staying safe on social media
- Update Privacy Settings
- Keep Tabs on Your Apps: best practices for device applications
- Secure IT.
- Shake Up Your Passphrase Protocol: create strong, unique passphrases
- Double Your Login Protection: turn on multi-factor authentication
- Shop Safe Online
- Play Hard to Get With Strangers: how to spot and avoid phish
- Protect IT.
- If You Connect, You Must Protect: updating to the latest security software, web browser and operating systems
- Stay Protected While Connected: Wi-Fi safety
- If You Collect It, Protect It: keeping customer/consumer data and information safe