Advanced Email Filtering Features.
Alvaka MailWorx℠ Services Advanced Filtering Features enables MailWorx℠ to provide protection on any device, at any time, from any location.
Alvaka’s Mailworx℠ Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
Always know where your private or proprietary data resides—including intellectual property, personal identification, patient information, financial information, and more—so you can simplify discovery, and quickly evaluate the data in order to make an appropriate response to any issue.
Can your enterprise risk data loss?
As enterprise data grows, the risk of sensitive data being breached increases at an alarming pace. With data breaches making the headlines more than ever, organizations are forced to consider the safety of their data, the policies they have in place to protect it, and the strategies and tools at their disposal for breach mitigation. Small and medium enterprises need to remove the risk of wrong material leaving the company.
This includes proprietary material, offensive material, material not in compliance with government regulations or your own policies, or sensitive material addressed to the wrong person.
The best practice is to keep security and disclosure policy decisions out of the hands of individual end users. However, for various reasons, many organizations force end users to choose which content is appropriate to be sent out, and how and where to send it—too often resulting in the wrong choice and a non-compliant outcome.
Block Data Loss and Comply with Regulatory Policies
Alvaka’s Mailworx eliminates the risk inherent in individuals making security and disclosure policy decisions by implementing a user-transparent, centrally based, policy-driven data loss prevention filter.
Users simply send email, and the appropriate action is automatically taken. Always know where your private or proprietary data resides—including intellectual property, personal identification, patient information, financial information, and more—so you can simplify discovery, and quickly evaluate the data in order to make an appropriate response to any issue.
DLP Smart Identifiers
- Guards against leaks of private and confidential information in email and web protocols with highly accurate detection using smart identifiers and managed dictionaries.
- Smart Identifiers and managed dictionaries provide automatically updateable policies for lowest administrative costs and highest accuracy.
- Customize policies with point-and-click ease.
- Industry-leading technology ensures continuous service and complete security of an organization’s data.
Why Alvaka’s Mailworx℠ Attachment Defense is the best!
Advanced Protection with Mailworx Attack Protection
Leverages the advanced power of Mailworx Industry Leading email analysis solution to provide small to mid-sized enterprises with Attachment Defense to effectively detect malicious attachments targeting this market.
Why do Small and Medium Enterprises need Attachment Defense?
Cybercriminals are profit-driven businesses that focus their resources on techniques and tools that deliver the greatest return on investment. Small to medium enterprises are often seen as easier targets because they are generally protected by less sophisticated software, or in some cases not protected at all. Unfortunately attackers have worked this out and now realize that targeting a smaller enterprise can actually mean an easier path to reward in the end. Research shows that attachment-based campaigns can actually cost cyber criminals 50% less than URL-based attacks, making their return on investment even greater. Phishing campaigns that utilized document attachments increased by 1,500% over 2014 to 2015 to exploit of this financial advantage.
Alvaka’s Mailworx takes a unique approach to threat detection and email security for small to medium size enterprises. We do this by taking advantage of our enterprise-class Attack Protection analysis techniques, and a cloud based architecture to identify and block suspicious messages. This helps small and medium enterprises further protect their end users by adding additional layers of security scrutiny that cannot be matched by traditional email security solutions and gateways.
Attachment Defense uses the visibility and intelligence gathered from analyzing the email of many of the largest companies in the world and applies this to smaller enterprises. This enables SMEs to take advantage of the scale and security capabilities of Alvaka’s Mailworx, without having to dedicate resources to managing the system.
Advanced Malware Detection
The Attachment Defense capability within Alvaka’s Mailworx leverages dynamic sandbox technology that powers Mailworx Attack Protection solution. Intelligence gathered by the dynamic malware analysis is used to identify and block malicious attachments that are designed to evade traditional security solutions. These attachments, such as Microsoft Office documents, are often used in Spearphishing attacks to deliver banking Trojans, ransomware, or other malware.
Alvaka’s Mailworx ensures all aspects of Attachment Defense meets the security, availability, and resiliency needs of the small to mid-size enterprise.
Key Benefit: Cloud scale, visibility and elasticity for malware analysis and sandboxing with global and immediate benefit to all organizations for emerging campaigns, with proprietary technology to defeat malware through counter-evasion techniques.
- Mailworx leverages Attack Protection Technology to provide protection against all malicious attachments
- Cloud Architecture: Billions of messages traverse the Alvaka’s Mailworx cloud every day providing global visibility and early protection for emerging threats
- Use of techniques like Dynamic Malware Analysis and Cloud based Sandboxing
- Protection across the corporate network, public network, and mobile devices
- Leverage Big Data techniques to build statistical models to provide predictive analysis
Alvaka’s Mailworx℠ URL Defense
Advanced Protection with Alvaka’s Mailworx Attack Protection
Alvaka’s Mailworx spam filtering leverages the advanced power of Attack Protection, Alvaka’s Mailworx industry leading email analysis solution, to provide small to mid-sized enterprises with URL Defense, the only service that effectively detects, catches and analyses malicious URLs targeting this market.
Targeted email attacks containing malicious links represent one of the most dangerous IT threats facing enterprises today. Alvaka’s Mailworx Attack Protection is the industry’s first comprehensive email analysis solution for combatting targeted threats using a full lifecycle approach, monitoring suspicious messages containing malicious URLs or malicious attachments, and observing user clicks as they attempt to reach out. Mailworx spam filtering URL Defense feature takes a more advanced approach to identifying suspicious email messages containing malicious URLs. This helps small to mid-sized enterprises to add additional layers of security scrutiny that cannot be matched by traditional security solutions and gateways.
Why do small and medium enterprises need URL Defense?
Small to mid-sized enterprises are easier targets for cyber criminals because they are generally protected by less sophisticated software or they are not protected at all. Unfortunately email attackers have worked this out and now realize that targeting a smaller enterprise can actually mean a bigger reward in the end.
What is worse is that no matter the training provided to staff at any enterprise, users are still falling for these targeted email attacks as they get more sophisticated. Alvaka’s Mailworx spam filtering research has found that on average, 1 in 10 users that receive email messages with malicious URLs will click on these URLs. Frequently, Alvaka’s Mailworx spam filtering has observed that malware used in these attacks remain undetected by less than 10% of traditional AV and reputation solutions, even hours after the attack.
Advanced Malware Detection
Alvaka’s Mailworx spam filtering uses sophisticated techniques to evaluate advanced threats that are traditionally missed by signature-based and reputation-based solutions.
These techniques include:
- Malicious List Check – Check for emerging campaigns and known new malicious websites
- Code Analysis Check – Check for suspicious behavior, obfuscated scripts, malicious code snippets, and redirects to other malicious sites
Key Benefit: Cloud scale and elasticity for malware analysis with global and immediate benefit to all organizations for emerging campaigns, with proprietary technology to defeat malware through counter-evasion techniques.
Alvaka’s Mailworx spam filtering uses Big Data techniques and machine learning heuristics to predictively determine what could likely be malicious and take pre-emptive steps before any user clicks on it.
It is achieved by:
- Modeling user’s email patterns and building behavioral history of that specific user to determine which email is suspicious and anomalous.
- Building Cloud based statistical model using history, Alexa ranking, IP block reputation, velocity of email sent from an originating IP, and a set of other criteria.
- Predicting malicious URLs with the help of real time scoring against this statistical model.
Key Benefit: Proactively identifies threats and minimizes clean-up for incident response teams by catching malicious URLs before users click and get infected.
Real-time Dynamic Analysis
Alvaka’s Mailworx spam filtering enables the solution to provide protection on any device, at any time, from any location, by following the email and checking for the URL destination’s safety in real-time. A frequent technique used by hackers has been to drive recipients to click on a link directing them to a website which is initially harmless but turns malicious after a period of time.
With this feature, users are still protected: whether they access the message from the corporate network, home network, mobile device, or a public network.
- Protects users and organizations on and off the corporate VPN across all devices including Mobile, Tablet and Laptops.
- Architected to help comply with existing corporate security controls and acceptable use policies by redirecting the user’s browser to safe destinations rather than acting like a proxy service.
Key Benefit: Enables security controls to persist, even if users are off the corporate network and bypassing on-premise security controls.
URL Defense Highlights
- Alvaka’s Mailworx spam filtering leverages Attack Protection Technology to provide complete protection against all email threats.
- Cloud Architecture: Billions of messages traverse the Alvaka’s Mailworx cloud every week providing global visibility and early protection from emerging threats.
- Advanced Protection against targeted email attacks like spear-phishing attacks, zero-day exploits, and advanced persistent threats (APTs)
- Use of techniques like Dynamic Malware Analysis.
- Protection across the corporate network, public network and mobile devices.
- Leverage Big Data techniques to build statistical models to provide predictive analysis.