- The average number of PCs per IT employee is 25.
- The average IT budget $$ per IT employee is $220,000.
- Average number of data center sq ft per IT employee ranges from 40-150.
- 80% of organizations with 500+ deployed PCs are managing 5+ TB of data.
- IT budgets range from 1.5% to 8% of revenue, depending on vertical market.
- Over 90% of organizations with 10+ IT employees are supporting 15 or more servers.
Smoke testing is a term used to describe the testing process for servers after patches are applied.
The process typically involves making sure servers are rebooted in the right order, making sure they have completely rebooted, restarting applications in the right order, and then testing to be certain everything is working properly when users return to work in the morning.
This typically takes 30 minutes per server, depending upon your environment.
PCs are not typically smoke tested, or if so, not all of them.